Ute engulfed by flames after air conditioning starts leaking smoke
driver made a lucky escape when his ute began filling with smoke before becoming engulfed by flames in Sydney’s south west this afternoon.
Emergency services were called to the intersection of Marion Street and Wren Street in Condell Park around 1pm when the 2011 Mazda ute, billowing with smoke, was spotted drifting across the road.
The driver of the vehicle told 9News he turned on the air conditioning when smoke started pouring out making it difficult for him to breathe.
Despite pulling the handbrake, the vehicle slowly rolled toward a home, thankfully stopping at the driveway where fire services were able to extinguish the blaze.
No one was injured during the incident.
“It was scary but everyone is safe so that’s the main thing,” a witness told 9News.